Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to prepare a scanned black and white drawing for Adobe Photoshop CS3?

If I need to do intense colouring and cell shading to a picture I drew with dark pencils and black pen...How do I prepare the picture once its in the program. Even if I delete the background for the black to remain, there are still some white blocks. Ive tried adjusting the level to make the dark even darker but that adds to many rough edges...is there no effective way to get rid of the white dots around the black edges?|||If you scan at 300 dpi in GREYSCALE you should be ok. If you're scanning as black and white document/lineart you have to be at least 600 dpi scanned. What I DO is scan everything at 300 dpi for interior art, covers and ads at 600 dpi greyscale. once in photoshop, i go to image%26gt;adjust%26gt;levels . i raise the black and grey ones first, then raise the white level zoomed in paying attn that i don't lose details i mean to emphasize.~ I think maybe you need to color in layers/ make the lineart layer 'multiply' then raise it above your colouring! ~this may omit your white dot prob.~ don't color on a lineart layer~ if you wish to knock out and color energy lines or whatnot, magic wand the line, make a new layer above the lineart and color fill it on that one....|||Well usually when I draw a picture, I go back and re-outline the entire thing. It's really a trivial process but the finished work comes out a lot cleaner. You can use the pen tool if you wanted to do that. If not, I usually just go in with the eraser and manually erase the things that make the lines look jaggedy or blurry.|||Since you've deleted the white background, have you looked at Layer %26gt; Matting? Try Defringe or Remove White Matte.

No comments:

Post a Comment