Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do I keep large black birds away from my bird feeders?

I have bird feeders in my yard to feed the tiny little birds that fly about, especially this time of year when it's really cold. The problem I am having is that there are alot of crow / black birds in our area and they are absolutely relentless when it comes to the bird feeders. I really don't care for these black birds at all. They eat or destroy all the food for the little birds in a short amount of time. Does any one have a sensible solution to this bird problem, besides shooting the black birds. We have plenty of woods and fields for these black birds to hang out in....Not my bird feeders!|||First of all why are you feeding birds anyway? Let alone the black ones...wait, is this about humans or animals. It's hard to tell the difference most of the time.|||If black birds are harming your bird feeder then every time you see it you should scare it away with a very loud noise such as a bell or whistle

Report Abuse


|||i get it you racist

Report Abuse


|||i feed birds because i enjoy watching them come to my yard and eat it is very calming watching them

Report Abuse


|||Leave them to eat the crows wont do anything plus you want to feed birds dont you then let them eat there hungry too

Report Abuse


|||I think there are bird feeders out there that only have small openings so the little birds can get in, eat in peace and leave and the big birds cant get to the food. You could rig up something using chicken wire, which should have the same effect but might not be very attractive to you.|||A bird feeder is available that shuts off the supply of food when a heavy bird lands on the feeder. Light birds do not trigger closier. Try Home Depot or Lows. I know I saw one but don't know which one it was.|||you should feed thru a bird feeder with a small hole that only the small birds can fit thru

No comments:

Post a Comment