Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can i sprinkle black pepper on the dirt of my house plants to get rid of fruit flies?

I am being 'attacked' by these little so called 'fruit flies' that are i believe coming from my house plants (the moisture/dead leaves etc)


someone suggested sprinkling black pepper on the dirt itself. (i do use the sticky fly traps..that does help a little..i have used the vinegar in a tin plate..that helped a little..i also spray bug spray for flying insects on dirt..i don't know if this helps)..it is so funny..these bugs seem to actually come up to my eyes and face to attack me..we really have no love for one another....ok all joking aside..i just want to know..have you ever heard of black pepper to sprinkle directly on the dirt of the plant helping?p.s i do make sure my kitchen is 'clean' ..etc etc..so ? only the question is..does black pepper work.|||I had that problem too this year. There are bug stickers that can be put up high on the windows (the bug crawls over it and gets poisoned and falls down dead) and there are non-poisonous yellow sticky stickers or tabs that you can put into your pots using a stick or wire of some kind, usually in the box with the stickers. Recommended is one for every yard or meter of pots. Shake the plants once in a while to stir them up so the flies jump onto the yellow sticky surface when they land. Bright Yellow Stickers! It won't wipe them out but it's healthy and will control the little buggers drastically reducing their flight time. Now after about 3 weeks, I rarely see one.|||No

No comments:

Post a Comment