Friday, December 2, 2011

Why do most Black women straighten their hair as oppose to keeping it natural and nappy?

If black women were proud of being black wouldn't they be less inclined to copy the same straight hair texture of white people.|||If white people were proud of being white wouldn't they be less inclined to lay in a tanning bed to get their skin darker? Its just what people like. Some white people want to be tan and some black women want their hair straight. And most black women find their hair easier to manage when its flat ironed straight.|||Since when does having str8 hair is being white,indians,natives, asian,have str8 hair. . what?, that's being white

Report Abuse


|||dont be a natural nazi

Report Abuse


|||I am a black woman with very long hair. I do have a relaxer in it and I love to have my hair manageable. I love my culture and heritage but I don't like not being able to comb my hair. I like it straight and long plus it's all MINE. Black women wear long beautiful weaves, wigs, and whatever else to have hair down their back (Beyonce, Tyra, Iman, Janet Jackson, etc...) Why? Because to most it's a sign of beauty. A healthy head usually means a healthy lifestyle in turn-- good health. You can have a natural look and still be "beautiful". It's a personal preference...|||My sister in law gets her hair straightened as she finds it more manageable not because she wants to look like a white person.some times after its been straightened she get it permed in to softer curls. Why do white women use curling tongs, rollers and get thier hair permed not because they want to emulate black people its because they like it !|||I am a black female and I wear my hair straight all the time..It's not because I want to look like a white woman or because I feel more normal by wearing my hair that way it's just a preference. And just because a black woman wears her hair natural that doesn't mean it's nappy..|||Its a choice, some women like having it natural some don't.





Why don't white girls leave their hair curly,wavy,brown,etc. instead of processing and dying it?





It is a choice and not mandatory to show how proud you are of your ancestry.|||Maybe they feel more confident with straight hair, or maybe they like the way it looks, I doubt it's because they are opposed, it's probably just a personal choice.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>|||they can do what they want to their hair ir doesnt mean they wanna be like any other raice white people and black people can change their hair style any way they want it doesnt mean theyre trying to be like any other raice|||The Afro was popular back in the 60s %26amp; 70s in the days of black pride. I don't know why they changed.|||nothing to do about being proud.. they just want to look good|||uh i don't think it has anything to do with being proud,some may just like it better....|||black women look great with straight hair, what are you talking about?|||its actualyy easier to manage, also more acceptable to the outside world as looking respectible/socially acceptable(i know it's wrong to say that but just imagine michelle obama coming out with her natural nappy hair and you will get my point).|||Black women look prettier with some white features like a straight silky hair, narrow nose and lighter skin that complement their black traits of fuller lips and roundass.

No comments:

Post a Comment