Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I keep markers from smudging black pen?

One of my favorite art mediums is my Prismacolor and Copic markers. I use an expensive black ballpoint pen to do my outlines, and then the markers to color in - but often times when I do this, the marker smudges the pen and makes ugly black marks. This happens with every black pen I've tried, including a Prismacolor liner, a finepoint sharpie, a black gel pen, and others. Is there any way to stop this smudging?|||Choosing the right kind of paper will go a long way. Most art supply stores will sell marker paper meant to cut down of inks bleeding together.|||A trick I used to use was to do the black outlines in washable, or water soluable pens. The solvent based markers would ignore the water color ink as if it weren't there.|||i suggest making a copy from a lazer printer,


then color the copy.


it is good to have a clean original.


this is Standard practice in the comic book industry|||Make sure your black pen is filled with waterproof ink and let the pen marks dry thoroughly on the paper before you use your markers over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment