Friday, December 2, 2011

Where did this black stuff on my bamboo plants come from?

So, I have two branches in one slim vase filled with water. They are very young, and I use GREEN GREEN from time to time.


After 2 days after I had first applied it, on it's roots and bottom stem grows black smudge that makes the water smell very foul.


The product I have used is for having my plants appear more green and healthy, it does a good job, but I am starting to think it is what is causing this black stuff.|||Sounds like you've picked up a fungus. On the leaves it could be bamboo smut. On the roots, it could be bacterial, especially if it smells bad.





You have to be very careful with fertilizers in closed systems. They can cause more trouble than they correct.





You might find something useful here:





http://www.americanbamboo.org/GeneralInf鈥?/a>





for your current problem.|||It is probably mold. You might be able to use a fungicide but I would check to see if you can on bamboo.|||Black stuff on bamboo is not good news. I would get rid of the Moldy bamboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment